Posted on: 16 October 2018
Taxis are a popular means of transport all over the world. The industry seems to be on an upward trend since the introduction of mobile-based taxi services a few years ago. Today, many people enjoy using taxis because they are affordable. Besides, they offer privacy when travelling and are considerably faster than other means of transport such as buses. Below are a few tips to guide you when using taxis.
Book the taxi in advance if you do not need it urgently. You can either make a call to a reliable taxi driver or make bookings online. If the city you are in is prone to traffic jams, ask the driver to arrive early so you can make it to your destination on time. Ensure that you watch the time as you do not want to keep the driver waiting.
Every time you enter a taxi, remember that it is the driver's place of work. Be polite to the driver as you travel. To enjoy your ride, engage the driver in constructive discussion.
Once you decide to use taxi transport, you should always be ready to pay. Although you may have a rough estimate of how much the ride will cost, the price may increase if there is a traffic jam in the route you choose. Also, if you ask the driver to make stops or diversions, the price will increase. In some countries, taxis are not metered, so it is critical that you inquire about the price before beginning the journey. Tip your driver if you receive excellent service.
There are some things that people do in taxis that are very irritating to the driver. The following are tips for being a courteous passenger.
- Do not ask the driver to break traffic laws if you are in a hurry.
- Do not make bad comments about the taxi.
- Do not be a backseat driver.
- If you have just finished a night out, avoid drunk behaviour inside the taxi. For instance, loud noises may distract the driver.
- If you decide to eat in the taxi, do not leave wrappings or food inside the vehicle.
- If you are in a new country, avoid saying negative things about the country as you may be mocking the driver.
Most taxi drivers are polite and observe traffic laws because they want positive ratings from their clients. When using taxi transport, like Silver Top Taxis, book early, be polite, inquire about pricing and practice the recommended mannerisms.Share